Weight Loss Mini Goal 2

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Weight Loss Ultimate Goal

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 40 - And This is Why We Do It...

Hello lovelies!
Hope you are all having a fantastic Thursday!
I am much happier and less blah than I was yesterday.
I woke up to a loss this morning, yay!
147.6 today. :)
I am happy I lost weight, but I would love to see a number other than 148 or 147 on that scale.
I guess I need to ramp up the exercise even more.
I do not know about you, but when I see a loss, it encourages me a) not to eat b) to drink more water and c) to exercise more.
Because this is why we Anas do what we do.
To see a loss on that scale.
No matter how big or small it is, it is still a loss.
And that is what we crave.
Because it means we are doing something right.
I do not know about you, but I think I am kind of territorial in the weight loss department.
Let me explain, if that did not make sense.
I feel like losing weight is MY thing, what I am best at.
Whenever I learn that someone else is trying to lose weight, say, my roommate for instance, I get incredibly competitive.
I work as hard as I can, always, because I strive to be smaller and have more progress than the other person losing weight.
BECAUSE I HAVE TO BE THE BEST AT THIS.
I am an Ana.
This is supposed to be one of the things I am good at.
Losing weight, and keeping it off.
When I feel like someone is honing in on my territory and threatening my chances of being number one, I am out for blood.
I will do anything in my power to make sure I am the most successful.
Wow, looking at that, I think I sound kind of scary.
I think I may have over-exaggerated my competitiveness a bit.
But do you understand where I am coming from?
Are any of the rest of you this way when it comes to weight loss?
Today is going to be full of water, exercise, and distractions.
I notice I sleep a lot.
Because when you sleep, you do not have to be physically tempted by food.
Cheers to that!
Anyway, off to comment blogs now!
Hope all of you have a fantastic day!
Hang in there and stay strong, lovelies. <3

Food:
- 5 saltines (+60 calories)
- 1 Ham & Cheddar Lean Pocket (+270 calories)
- 1 cup applesauce (+194 calories)
- 1/2 cup breaded cauliflower (+232 calories)
- 1 roll w/ butter spread (+122 calories)
- 2 grilled chicken breasts without skin/breading (+240 calories)
Total: 1,118 calories

What do I have to lose? The stupid fat girl who is trapping the skinny girl inside me! <3

4 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way. My friend's trying to lose weight and it makes me feel like a fail when she burns more calories than me. Luckily I still have her beat in the weight department. Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I try to compete with everything. Not just weight loss. I think I'm just a competitive person in that aspect. Great job on the loss though! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's kinda hard to be competitive with others around me since I'm only 5 feet tall and have a pretty low weight, not my lowest but it's a "safe" number for me, and the rest of America is generally fat haha. The only girl I felt that way about was my old roomie, but again she was 5'10" and only 105 lbs naturally, her whole family is built that way. So it just rubbed in my face that I'll never look like that no matter what I don't eat. My other old roomie was a diehard rexi but with her I was always smaller, even with hardly trying. Eh I don't know I feel about competition truthfully.

    But anywho, congrats on the the loss! And good luck with continuing this trend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely feel like an expert on how to lose weight, and when I hear about other methods people try other than calorie restriction, it makes me laugh! I totally can relate :)

    ReplyDelete

Please, leave a comment! Your support means the world to me. :)